Monday, October 31, 2005

Shedding a little light on the Sparcstation 5


ss5
Originally uploaded by tuxspot.
With the arrival of the remote control for my Sun GDM20D10 monitor I decided that it was about time I posted an actual picture of my Sparcstation 5. (The Solaris screen in the previous post is from my monitor)

There are actually 2 machines in this photograph. On the bottom is a currently inactive Sparcstation 1. The Sparcstation 1 is due for an upgrade, from a 250MB hard drive to a 2.1GB hard drive, but I haven't bothered because I don't have enough power outlets to run it, so there's no point at the moment. On top is Dione my Sparcstation 5. Dione has the following specs:

224MB RAM
9.1GB 10,000 RPM SCA SCSI Hard Drive
10/100MB/s Hme NIC
10MB/s Lance onboard NIC
Sun GDM20D10 Monitor with remote
External TDC SCSI Tape Drive (2GB)
External 12x Lacie CD-ROM
External TDC 10GB Raid Array (4 drives)